• Bone-in Chicken Thighs (Skin on gives more flavor) – 1lb
• Chicken Stock: 32oz
• Canned Biscuits: 1 can of single layer biscuits
• Butter: ¼ stick
• Parsley: 1 TB dried
• Poultry seasoning: 1 TSP
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• Flour: for rolling out biscuits
1. In a large soup pot, add chicken stock and bone-in chicken thighs.
2. Heat to a boil, then reduce to medium-low. Cook until chicken is completely cooked (about 20 mins).
3. Remove chicken when cooked and place in a bowl to cool.
4. While the chicken cools, add parsley, poultry seasoning, and butter. Let simmer on low.
5. Prepare your dumplings: open the can of biscuits. Sprinkle flour on the surface and rolling pin to prevent sticking. Roll each biscuit individually into a thin circle. Cut into fourths to create four triangles. Place in a bowl and continue until all biscuits are rolled and cut.
6. Heat stock to a medium. Drop-in dumplings one at a time to prevent sticking. Use a spoon to push dumplings to the side to make room.
7. Now that chicken is cooled, remove meat from the bone in bit size chunks. Add to stock & dumplings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer on low for 10 mins for the flavors to combine. - If the soup is a bit thin, you can thicken it with 1TSP cornstarch to ¼ cup of warm soup from the pot. Mix together to create a slurry, and add back to the pot. Stir in.